Welcome to the UTMB Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residency Program!
Mission and Goal
The program's mission is to create a collaborative climate conducive to expanding the physical therapist knowledge and skills in the specialty field of orthopedics. The goal as, reflected in the mission, is to prepare the physical therapy resident for
the certification examination. By meeting the objectives of the program, the resident will meet the criteria for application for the certification examination in orthopedics.
- Candidates must have a Physical Therapy degree from an accredited Physical Therapy program
- Candidates must have current PT licensure in the state of TEXAS
- Candidates must have no felony convictions or other legal issues that would prevent the candidate from practicing PT.
- Candidates must have a current CPR/BLS certification
- We have a 100% graduation rate and 92% passing rate on OCS