The Sealy Center on Aging (SCoA) Learning Center is a free, easy-to-access resource for all community members aged 55 and older, promoting and supporting healthy lifestyles through educational talks and handouts. The Center is staffed by volunteers and located in the UTMB Primary Care Pavilion (PCP), Suite 115, on 400 Harborside Drive in Galveston. Parking is free for visitors to the Center. Bring your parking ticket in with you and it will be validated to eliminate any cost.
- Reading/lending library, including books in large print
- Educational and interactive talks
- Computer and printer access (tutoring available)
- Health fact sheets
- Board, card, and brain games available for use
- Referral information for aging-related services
- Learn how to create and access your MyChart Patient Portal
- Learn how to create and use a Facebook account to socialize with friends and family.
Announcements for upcoming presentations and notifications of talks will be posted in the Center and in the Galveston County Daily News as they occur.
Interested in volunteering or have questions about the Learning Center? Contact Ritchie Adoue at firstname.lastname@example.org or 409-502-5201.