The Sealy Center on Aging Learning Center is a free, accessible resource to promote healthy lifestyles, educate, and support seniors in our community as well as seniors visiting UTMB. The Center is conveniently housed in the UTMB Primary Care Pavilion (PCP), Suite 115. The PCP is on Harborside Drive in Galveston, with ample free parking for the Center's visitors.
The Center offers interactive talks on a variety of aging-related topics, free computer/printer usage (and tutorials), fact sheets on health issues, brochures for agencies providing services to the older population and their families, and books and movies for education and entertainment.
- Books in large print
- Educational talks
- Computer access and tutoring
- Health fact sheets
- Board, card and brain games
- Referral information for aging-related services
- Learn how to create and access your MyChart Patient Portal
- Learn how to create and use a Facebook account to socialize with friends and family.
Recent events include presentations on Medicare enrollment periods & preventing fraud, how Medicare covers durable medical equipment, estate planning, wills, and advanced directives, as well as strategies to prevent falls. Contact us to learn more about future programs.