We are recruiting female volunteers to complete a research study on exploring the barriers to management of PCOS and determining the metabolic risks of PCOS across the lifespan.
The study will ask you to participate in one virtual interview and one visit to the UTMB-Galveston campus. In total, the interview and campus visit will take approximately 3 hours.
We are looking for female volunteers who:
- Are age 50 or older and postmenopausal
- Have a medical diagnosis of PCOS
- Have a body mass index between 18.5 - 40 kg/m2
- Have no medical history of surgical menopause, recent diagnosis/treatment of cancer (within 3 years), or hormone replacement therapy (within 6 months)
- Access to an electronic device with virtual/video capabilities
Emily Lantz, PhD is the Principal Investigator of this study. Volunteers will be compensated. This study is supported by the Center for Health Promotion, Performance, and Rehabilitation Research and the Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Women's Health at UTMB.