301 University Blvd.
Galveston, TX 77555-1144
Teaching Areas of Interest
Physical and psychological impact of burns in children and young adults; educational outcomes for post-professional programs
Christine Baker, EdD, PT, is the Associate Dean for the Office of Academic and Student Affairs in the School of Health Professions. She was formally a Professor (tenure) and the Program Director to the t-DPT Program in the UTMB SHP Department of Physical Therapy. She has been a licensed physical therapist for more than 35 years.
Dr. Baker received her Bachelor of Science degree from Texas Woman's University (TWU), her Master of Science (physical therapy) degree from TWU, and her EdD from Texas Tech University with a focus in Special Education. Dr. Baker has worked clinically in a variety of pediatric settings, and she has been a member of the physical therapy faculty at UTMB for more than 30 years.
- C Baker. Pauline Cerasoli Lecture 2012: Googling and Texting and Browsing, Oh My! Mentoring and Teaching in an Electronic Age; Journal of Physical Therapy Education, 2012, Vol. 26(3): 5-12.
- C Baker, M Rosenberg, K Mossberg, C Holzer, P Blakeney, W Meyer. Relationships Between the Quality of Life Questionnaire (QLQ) and SF-36 Among Young Adults Burned as Children. Burns, 2008, Vol. 34(8): 1163-1168; available at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.burns.2008.05.001.
- C Baker, W Russell, W Meyer III, P Blakeney. Physical and Psychological Rehabilitation Outcomes for Young Adults Burned as Children. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2007, Vol. 88(12, Suppl 2): S57-S64.
- CP Baker, A Newstead, K Mossberg, N Nicodemus. Reliability of Static Standing Balance in Nondisabled Children: Comparison of Two Methods of Measurement. Pediatric Rehabilitation (currently Developmental Neurorehabilitation), 1998, Vol. 2(1):15-20.
- NA Clopton, CP Baker. Effects of Required and Optional Pediatric Affiliations on Attitudes and Practices of Physical Therapists. Journal of Physical Therapy Education, 1996, Vol. 10(2):90-94.
Note: A complete list of all publications can be found on the abbreviated CV.