A Celebration of the School of Health Professions
Class of 2024 Commencement
Friday, August 16, 2024
Moody Gardens Convention Center, Expo B&C (Off Campus)
Hope Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77554
Welcome, and congratulations on your graduate's remarkable achievement of earning a professional degree! Commencement is a significant event in a graduate's life and a celebration and acknowledgment of you—friends and family—who have provided
guidance, care, and support to your graduate. We hope the information on this website will help you have the most enjoyable experience possible on this special day.
Download: 2024 Commencement Invitation
Schedule for Commencement Day
More information coming soon. Please revisit this page in Summer 2024!
- 8:30 - 8:45 am Graduates report to Moody Gardens Convention Center, Expo A
- 9:00 am ADA Guest Admittance, Expo C entrance
- 9:15 am Doors Open to General Seating, Expo B entrance
- 10:00 am Commencement ceremony begins, Expo B&C
- 10:00 am Commencement Live Stream (see details below)
- 12:00 pm Ceremony ends (estimated)
- Doors will open approximately 1 hour before the ceremony. The ceremony will be held at the Moody Gardens Convention Center, Expo Hall B&C starting at 10:00 am.
- All names will be called. The ceremony should take approximately 1.5-2 hours
- After the ceremony, please exit the Expo Hall South Lobby to congratulate your graduate. No entry to the North Lobby will be allowed.
Tickets are not required for guests. Seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Doors will open to general seating at 9:15 am. Saved seats will be released 15 minutes before the procession begins and enforced by UTMB Police,
security, and ushers. Doors will close if maximum capacity is reached. The Fire Marshall makes this decision.
Event Day Parking and Directions
Parking is available in the Moody Gardens Convention Center Parking Garage and surrounding lots as directed. Follow the directional signs upon entering the Moody Gardens property complex to the Convention Center Parking Garage.
Download & Print: Moody Gardens Parking Map
Directions: Moody Gardens Visitor Info - Maps and Directions
- Shortest Route: From I-45 south, exit 61st Street. Right on 61st Street and again on Jones Road. Right on Hope Boulevard to Moody Gardens.
- Via Seawall Boulevard Map: From I-45 South, exit 61st Street. Right on Seawall Blvd. Right on 81st Street. Left on Hope Boulevard to Moody Gardens.
Arrival and Seating
Tickets are not required for guests and seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Doors will open to general seating at 9:15 am. Saved seats will be released 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the procession and will be enforced by UTMB
Police, security and ushers. Doors will close if maximum capacity is reached. This decision is made by the Fire Marshall.
Graduate guests with disabilities should submit ADA-related accommodations at least 2 weeks before the ceremony date. Accessible seating is limited and advanced planning is highly recommended. We
will make every effort to accommodate guests without advance accessible seating requests on the day of Commencement.
Submit: ADA Accommodation Requests
A room block for overnight accommodations for families and guests is available at the Moody Gardens Hotel and Conference Center. Please reserve your room by
contacting the reservations department below and specify you are with the UTMB School of Health Professions Commencement.
- Rates - $187 (ask for UTMB School of Health Professions Commencement rate)
- Reservations - Must be made by July 25, 2024
- Location - One Hope Boulevard; Galveston, Texas 77554
- Phone - 409-741-8484
- Toll Free - 888-388-8484
Future Commencement Dates
- Friday, August 22, 2025
- Friday, August 21, 2026
- Friday, August 20, 2027
- Friday, August 18, 2028
- Friday, August 17, 2029
- Friday, August 23, 2030
Other Important Info
Diploma Frames, Graduation Gifts & Rings
Diploma frames and other gifts are available for sale online. Visit the UTMB Campus Store website for more information.
Balfour Class Ring Ordering Site - Commemorate your time at UTMB and celebrate your new Alumni status by ordering your class ring through
the Balfour website. Commemorate your time at UTMB and celebrate your new Alumni status by ordering your class ring through the Balfour website.
UTMB Photography will be capturing your commencement photos. Every student will be photographed as they receive their diploma as well as a second “portrait” taken as they depart the stage. All proofs will be available online at
PartyPics.com a few days after the ceremony by using the following password: shp2024
Share the excitement, the tears, the joy and your favorite commencement moments! Post to Facebook, Twitter & Instagram using this hashtag to share your unique commencement experience: #UTMBgrad
Previous Commencement Ceremonies
Resources to purchase a Commencement video and download the Order of Program can be found on each respective Commencement web page.