UTMB offers three options for placing long distance calls. Long distance authorization codes,
AT&T Calling Cards and the new AT&T Reservationless Teleconferencing Card. To request any of these services,
complete the following form: Long Distance Service Request Form.
Long Distance Access Card
- Allows employees to place business related long distance calls from a UTMB campus telephone
- Allows departments to associate all long distance calls with a particular employee
- Card is ready 24 - 48 hours after form is completed on website and received within the Service Center Area.
- Cards can be picked up by the department contact person or the employee who the card is assigned to.
AT&T Calling Card
- Allows employees to place business related long distance calls when on or off the UTMB campus.
- Allows departments to associate all long distance calls with a particular telephone number.
- Completion of an AT&T calling card will take at least 3 weeks as they are ordered directly from AT&T.
- Cards can be picked up by the department contact person or the employee who the card number is assigned to.
- AT&T Reservationless Conferencing Service offered at a much lesser cost.
- No longer go through the UTMB Operators.
- Dedicated dial-in numbers that are toll free and caller paid
- No reservation, conference calls can be placed 24 x 7.
- Pay for what you use with no set-up or monthly fees.
- Cost per minute is $0.035 for toll free dial in service
- Card is ready 24-48 hours after processing. Please order cards at least 3 days in advance