The Academy of Master Clinicians (AMC) at UTMB Health
Excellence in clinical care is one of the major missions, priorities, and strategic plan of UTMB. Our exceptional and gifted clinicians are leaders and innovators in their fields and specialties across clinical departments. With changing healthcare policies and regulatory pressures at the regional and national levels, there are surmounting challenges in maintaining excellence in clinical care. Newer innovative strategies are direly needed toward maintaining patient-centric care and developing clinical leaders for the future. At UTMB, we are grateful to our outstanding clinicians who consistently epitomize the highest standards of clinical care to our patients with skill, expertise, experience, compassion, and efficiency. A new program, The Academy of Master Clinicians (AMC) supported by institutional funding was inaugurated in 2014 as a major initiative to recognize and celebrate the contributions of our clinicians while simultaneously strengthening our commitment toward providing leadership in patient care for the future.
The AMC recognizes and promotes distinction in all clinical domains by fostering excellence in patient-centric care, with a commitment to developing future leaders through the tenets of the art of healing, empathy, education, scientific rigor, professionalism, mentorship and collaborative team work.
- Demonstrating and exemplifying the highest levels of ethics and professionalism
- Demonstrating attributes (trust, accountability, and stewardship) of a supportive and collaborative team player
- Providing superior care to all patients (safe, effective, patient-centered, culturally congruent, timely, efficient, and evidence-based) in an equitable manner without favor or prejudice and being a strong patient advocate
- Demonstrating compassion and empathy toward patients and their families
- Elevating the performance of colleagues, coworkers, and trainees through education, role-modeling, and mentoring
- Striving for continuing quality improvement and outcomes as measured by standard benchmarks
Membership in the Academy of Master Clinicians will be the highest clinical recognition and honor for UTMB clinicians, and is a commitment to leadership in exceptional patient care.
The Academy of Master Clinicians is proud to announce its inaugural Clinician of the Month for December 2016:
Kimberly S. Kirschner, MD
Department of Radiology
Dr. Kirschner has implemented important and beneficial changes to improve Radiology's clinical services and to make the residents work more efficiently. She has a great rapport with her patients in Nuclear Medicine and Pediatrics of which she is very calm and deliberate.