Call for Letters of Intent to Apply:
The Academy of Master Teachers is accepting letters of intent to apply for membership. Please return these LOI forms by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Letter of Intent to Apply Template (DOC)
BIO FORM 2019 applicant (DOC)
Department Chair Attestation Form (DOC)
1st Call for Letters of Intent
April 1, 2019
Letters of Intent Due:
May 20, 2019 (Noon)
Letters of Invitation to Apply:
June 3, 2019
Application Workshop: required
3 workshops have been scheduled for applicants. It is mandatory for all applicants to attend one of these sessions:
- June 11, 2019 (8 to 9 AM) –Levin Hall 5.518
- June 12, 2019 (12 to 1 PM) –Levin Hall 5.518
- June 13, 2019 (4 to 5 PM) –Levin Hall 5.518
Each AMT applicant will be assigned to an Application Consultant. It is mandatory to meet with this consultant who can provide personal consultation on portfolio development. These consultants are members of the Academy of Master Teachers who have already presented successful Educator Portfolios and you are encouraged to counsel with them often during the process.
Applications due in the AMT Office:
August 30, 2019 - no later than noon
Submit 3 copies of the entire application. Two copies must be in white, 1" to 1.5", 3-ring binders with a clear pocket on the front and spine. Do not use page protectors. The application must include the following, in this order:
- A letter of support from your chair or dean (Do not send directly to the AMT. It must be included in your application material.)
- Your CV
- Educator Portfolio, using required AMT Portfolio Template (Word Document).
The AMT has provided Instructions for Completing an Educator Portfolio (PDF) as well to assist you in completing the template.
- Supporting documents to the Educator Portfolio
New Member Notification of Acceptance:
October 4, 2019
New Member Induction:
October 15, 2019