How to Apply to the Academy?
Each spring, the Academy publishes an annual call for letters of intent to apply for membership to UTMB faculty. After review of those letters, faculty may be invited to apply. Application is by submission of an Educator Portfolio, using the required AMT portfolio template.
An Educator Portfolio is required for application to the AMT. See the Educator Portfolio page for detailed directions.
Call for Letters of Intent to Apply
The Academy of Master Teachers is accepting letters of intent (LOI) to apply for membership. Please return these LOI forms by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1st Call for Letters of Intent: February 27, 2023 (by email)
2nd Call for Letters of Intent: March 27, 2023
Letters of Intent Due: 12 Noon, April 17, 2023 (by email)
Receive notification from AMT about LOI: April 28, 2023 (by email)
Application Workshop: Required
2 workshops have been scheduled for applicants. It is mandatory for all applicants to attend one of these sessions:
May 15, 2023 (12 Noon to 1:30PM) –Via Zoom
May 18, 2023 (12 Noon to 1:30PM) –Via Zoom
Each AMT applicant will be assigned to an Application Consultant. It is mandatory to meet with this consultant who can provide personal consultation on portfolio development. These consultants are members of the Academy of Master Teachers who have already
presented successful Educator Portfolios and you are encouraged to take counsel from them.
Completed Applications due in the OED Office: August 16, 2023 - no later than a strict deadline of 12 Noon.
Submit 2 hard copies of the entire application and 1 electronic copy of the Educator Portfolio (EP).
- The 2 hard copies must be in 2 separate white, 1" to 1.5", a maximum 3-ring binders with a clear pocket on the front and spine. Do not use page protectors. The hard copy applications must be include the following, in this order:
- A letter of support from your Chair or Dean
- Copy of the Master Teacher Screening Invitation form that you initially turned in with your LOI.
- Educator Portfolio, using the required AMT EP
- Supporting documents to the Educator Portfolio (as appendices).
- The final "copy" is electronic.
- DO NOT include anything other than EP template (e.g., NO CV, supporting documents, LOI material, etc.)
- E-mail your EP as a .pdf to the AMT office by the due date and time.
New Member Notification of Acceptance: September 2023
Recommended to save the date for New Member Induction on your personal calendar: date TBD