Students & Participants
Visit the Student Resources page to view frequently asked questions about course enrollments, assignment issues, support and resources.
Visit the Instructor Resources page to view frequently asked questions about Blackboard use for your training needs, course request, enrollments, support, course availability.
How do I get access to Blackboard?
All users with UTMB domain credentials automatically receive a Blackboard account within 24 hours.
How do I directly login to Blackboard?
Direct Login using UTMB Credentials (username
and password) do not enter full email address VPN is not required.
What do I do if I receive a Sign-on Error?
Close all browser windows and try again.
What if my account is locked?
Contact the UTMB Service Desk at 409-772-5200 for assistance.
Recommended browsers for Blackboard and most of our educational technologies including Panopto are Chrome and Firefox. Be sure to keep your browser updated.
Please use the Blackboard Browser Compatibility Checker
How to clear my browser's cache?
Many issues are resolved by clearing browser cache.
Chrome - How to
- Open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More (the three dots).
- Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data " and "Cached images and files, " check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
Firefox - How to
- Open Firefox.
- From the History menu, select Clear Recent History.
- If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.
- From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
- Next to "Details ", click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear; to clear your entire cache, select all items.
- Click Clear Now.
- Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.