Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)For Biological and Recombinant Work
Principal Investigators are required to submit a Notification of Use (NOU) for Biological Agents, recombinant material, Human and Non-Human Primate Products for Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) approval prior to any work being conducted. Materials that require IBC approval prior to work commencing are the following:
- All human and non-human primate material (including commercial cell lines)
- All risk group 2-3-4 infectious agents
- All recombinant material (purchased or manipulated) regulated by NIH-OBA guidelines
Addition of new agents to existing protocol is not permitted a new NOU must be submitted.
Principal Investigators are responsible for the following:
- Submitting a new NOU to the IBC prior to new agent or recombinant material being used.
- Maintaining list of current personnel for each of their NOU.
- Maintaining current NOU for work being conducted in their laboratories (renewal every 5 years).
- Notifying the IBC of changes:
- Submitting NOU and NIH-OBA update forms yearly
- For using the most current version of NOU to submit to the IBC, failure to do so may result in the NOU not being approved and delaying the commencement of the project.
Amendment form to existing NOU: Please submit a cover letter with the amendment(s) to summarize the change(s).
Human and/or Non-human Primate Products (approved on or after 4/6/2018)
Keck and Optical Microscopy Core Facilities NOU Amendment Form (Revised 02-15)
Aerobiology Facility Amendment Form (Revised 02-15)
Recombinant Materials Form (Revised 12-17)
Arthropod Section Form (Revised 11-16)
Animal Section Form (Revised 12-16)
Add/Delete Personnel on Existing NOU Form * (Revised 10-18)
* Only for NOUs approved prior to May 2018.
NOUs approved after May 1, 2018, must log into EHSA and submit an amendment.
Special Immunization Request Form (Use for FDA approved vaccines)
Co-PI Cover Page Form (Revised 02-15)
Viral Vector Guidance Document
IBC NOU Policy
Risk Assessment for Special Immunization Request Form 1 and Form 2 (Use for IND/Global vaccines)