Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)For Biological and Recombinant Work
Principal Investigators are required to submit a Notification of Use (NOU) for Biological Agents, recombinant material, Human and Non-Human Primate Products for Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) approval prior to any work being conducted. Materials that require IBC approval prior to work commencing are the following:
- All human and non-human primate material (including commercial cell lines)
- All risk group 2-3-4 infectious agents
- All recombinant material (purchased or manipulated) regulated by NIH-OSP guidelines
Principal Investigators are responsible for the following:
- Submitting a new NOU to the IBC prior to new agent or recombinant material being used.
- Maintaining list of current personnel for each of their NOU.
- Maintaining current NOU for work being conducted in their laboratories (renewal every 5 years).
- Notifying the IBC of changes:
- Submitting NOU and NIH-OSP update forms yearly
- For using the most current version of NOU to submit to the IBC, failure to do so may result in the NOU not being approved and delaying the commencement of the project.
Human and/or Non-human Primate Products Amendment Form *
* Use this link for NOUs approved after 4/6/2018
If approved prior to 4/6/2018, send a cover letter summarizing the changes to EHS.IBC@utmb.edu or
contact EHS at 409-772-1781
Keck and Optical Microscopy Core Facilities NOU Amendment Form (Revised 02-15)
Add/Delete Personnel on Existing NOU Form * (Revised 10-18)
* Only for NOUs approved prior to May 2018
NOUs approved after May 1, 2018, must log into EHSA and submit an amendment
Special Immunization Request Form (Use for FDA approved vaccines)
Co-PI Cover Page Form (Revised 02-15)
Viral Vector Guidance Document
IBC NOU Policy
Standard Precautions Courses (Required for Human and/or Non-Human Primate Products NOUs)
Risk Assessment for Special Immunization Request Form 1 and Form 2 (Use for IND/Global vaccines)