What We Report Overview
At UTMB, we believe in delivering high-quality health care provided in a safe, patient- and family-centered environment. To help us understand how well we are performing in these areas, we participate in several programs that measure the quality of our care. These programs look at our patient outcomes, or how well our patients fared after receiving treatment.
We offer timely reports on the categories listed below. Data for these categories information can also be found on Hospital Compare, but because there is a delay between the time that the data is submitted to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), we like to share our most recent performance data on this website. Information is updated on a quarterly annual basis.
- Inpatient Satisfaction How recently discharged patients (people who were admitted to the hospital and stayed overnight for any length of time) responded to a national survey about their hospital experience.
- Outpatient Satisfaction How did patients who recently visited a UTMB clinic rate their overall experience?
- Physician Ratings* See how patients rated UTMB physicians following a clinic appointment.
Patient Outcomes by Disease Process
Results for patient health outcomes (how well patients healed for various conditions) can help you find the best hospital and the best health care team for you. They also represent another way that you can have a voice in your care and increase your confidence that you will receive the highest level of care.
- More on Patient Outcomes Reports
- Chronic Obstructive Plumonary Disease (COPD)
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Pneumonia Care
- Stroke Care
How often patients in the hospital acquire certain serious conditions that could have been prevented if the hospital followed procedures based on best practices and scientific evidence.
- Overall Complication Rate (using a composite of patient safety indicators)
- Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections
- Central Line-Associated Blood Stream Infections
Mortality Rates (Deaths)
Length of Stay
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS MEDICAL BRANCH
301 UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD
GALVESTON, TX 77555
Hospital type: Acute Care Hospitals
Provides emergency services: Yes
Participates in: Cardiac Surgery Registry, Stroke Care Registry, Nursing Care Registry, General Surgery Registry
Able to receive lab results electronically: Yes
Able to track patients’ lab results, tests, and referrals electronically between visits: Yes
Uses a safe surgery checklist: Yes