It is the program's goal for all of our students to gain enough knowledge and hands-on training that will allow them to be desirable candidates in the eyes of potential employers.
Graduates of the UTMB MS/DI program demonstrate the following marketable skills that are valued by employers include interpersonal, cognitive, and applied skill areas:
- Practice medical nutrition therapy using the Assessment, Diagnosis, Intervention, and Monitoring/Evaluation (ADIME) process.
- Evaluate scientific publications to support evidence-based practice.
- Serve as an effective member of inter-professional medical teams.
- Develop skills for employment that include negotiating, marketing themselves, and developing career goals.
- Confidently deliver presentations to small and large groups of professional peers and members of the public.