Call for FY2024 IHII Grant Applications
purpose of the IHII Pilot Grant Program is to enhance funding and success rates of extramural grants in strategic areas of infectious diseases and immunology. This program is funded by generous support from the McLaughlin Endowment.
- Any UTMB employee eligible to submit extramural grant applications is encouraged to apply. New faculty or those developing interests related to infection and immunity are encouraged to seek membership in the IHII before applying.
- Progress reports for past IHII grants will be reviewed to assess the PI’s productivity and return on investment.
- Investigators may submit more than one application for consideration; however, no more than one IHII supported grant will be awarded. The PI may not have already received funding for the proposed project from other intramural or extramural resources;
all related, pending proposals must be disclosed in your application.
Three different types of grants for one year will be available (contingent on availability of funds):
- Pilot grants of up to $40,000 to develop new research ideas or products for future commercialization. Greater awards may be possible in some areas where the IHII is partnering with other centers or institutes.
- Bridging grants of up to $30,000 to support revision of scored R01 (or equivalent) grant applications. Include in the application the expected date of the resubmission and submit the summary statement and originally submitted grant application
in an Appendix. Grant must be scored, and viewed positively by the study section.
- Data acquisition (DA) grants of up to $20,000 to generate preliminary data.
All funds must be spent by August 15, 2024. Carry-over across fiscal years is not possible due to institutional budgeting requirements.
Proposals may be submitted by July 10, 2023, at 9 AM. Download full instructions: FY2024 IHII Pilot Grant Program