My name is Corporal Curtis Dorsey with the UTMB Police Department. I have been a police officer for 14 years and have served with the UTMB Police Department for 13 years. A native Galvestonian, I graduated from Galveston Ball High School in 1997. From high school, I enlisted in the United States Navy where I served on two Amphibious Class Ships (USS Pensacola) (USS Tortuga). While stationed in Norfolk, Virginia I supervised a division of Operations Specialist in Shipboard Navigation and Shipboard Operations. I received training in Shipboard Intelligence and received two Navy/Marine Corps Achievement Medals for my work as the USS Tortuga’s Naval Warfare Publications Clerk.
In 2001 I returned home to Galveston where I worked for a local Fire and Burglary Alarm company, Alert Alarms Fire and Burglary Protection. While working with the company, I developed a love and appreciation for security systems and crime prevention. In 2005 I joined the University of Texas Medical Branch Police Department as a Police Officer. Over the years, I have worked with numerous police agencies and received specialized education and training that has prompted my recent selection as the first UTMB Police Department’s Crime Prevention Manager.
My certifications and qualifications are as follows:
- Master Police Officer License Texas Commission On Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Certified Crime Prevention Specialist (TCOLE)
- Standing Member of the Texas Crime Prevention Association (TCPA)
- Standing Member of the UTMB’s Council of Deans
- Tele-communicator License (TCOLE)
- Network/Digital Media Installation (AT&T)
- Associate of Applied Science Criminal Justice - College of the Mainland
On behalf of the UTMB Police Department, we thank you for the opportunity to serve and as always, if you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me at 409-772-2691 or email me at email@example.com.