The Digital Collections provide an exciting opportunity for the discovery of audio and visual resources, which document the record of the University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston in addition to the evidence of developments in anatomy and surgery, anesthesiology, immunology, and psychiatry.
- The Ashbel Smith Letters
Letters written by Dr. Ashbel Smith, an early Texas physician and medical researcher
- Bubonic Plague Strikes Galveston
Documents related to the Plague outbreak of 1920
- The Centennial Oral History Collection
Interviews conducted by Dr. Chester R. Burns with 85 individuals recorded between 1985 and 1994
- The Charles A. Berry, M.D. Papers
Manuscripts, documents, and photographs from the papers of Dr. Charles A. Berry.
- The Diary of Thomas Sealy
A digitized diary of Dr. Thomas Richard Sealy.
- The Doris Appel Papers
Documents, images, and a recorded lecture from the papers of artist Doris Appel.
- The Dr. Edith Marguerite Bonnet Papers
Diary and other documents of Edith Bonnet, M.D., UTMB class of 1919
- The Greensville S. Dowell, M.D. Journals
Journals of Greensville S. Dowell M.D., surgeon, teacher, and editor of the first medical periodical in Texas
- The James Edwin Thompson Surgical Papers
Documents from Dr. James E. Thompson, the first professor of surgery at UTMB
- The James. G. Gaume, M.D. Papers
Manuscripts, documents, and photographs from the papers of Dr. James Gaume
- The Louis Pasteur Collection
Items from Pasteur's personal library, including letters and unpublished papers
- The Meyer Bodansky Pathology and Biochemistry Papers
Papers detailing Dr. Bodansky’s research activities as a biochemist and pathologist
- Operation Rebound/Operation Recheck
Records of a Civil Defense exercise to investigate by field trial the ability provide medical support in the event of a disaster
- Portraits of History: Key Figures at UTMB
Celebrating those who have propelled UTMB to the forefront of modern medicine
- Texas Surgical Society Papers
Documents from the state's surgical society, established 1915
- The William E. Thornton, M.D. Papers
Manuscripts, documents, and photographs from the papers of Dr. William Thornton.
- The William Keiller, M.D. Department of Anatomy Drawings
Drawings created by UTMB faculty and students between 1891 and 1981
Blocker History of Medicine Collections
Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM
Phone: (409) 772 - 2397
Staff & Services