About Our Fellowships
The Fellowship program is structured to include a paid six-month assignment in Information Technology Services. Components of the Fellowship program include experience in all service areas of Information Services. A Master Rotation Schedule is developed and used to coordinate the rotations for the Fellow. Currently, two positions are offered twice each year with one session starting in the summer and one after the new-year.
Candidates must meet these minimum requirements in order to be considered for the UTMB Health Information Services Fellowship Program:
- Recent graduate of an Information Technology, Business and Finance, or Healthcare program at an accredited college or University;
- The degree must have been earned before start date and within the two years prior to the fellowship rotation start date;
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Once the above requirements are met, a subsequent screening interview will be held to determine:
- Motivation for entering the information technology field;
- Level of work experience in and outside of the field;
- Rationale for pursuing the Fellowship at UTMB Health Information Services;
- Objectives to be sought during the Fellowship year;
- Degree of interest in the Information Services Fellowship program;
- Compatibility with UTMB Health’s mission, vision and values.
Complete the form below. After you submit your application with your attached résumé, you will receive a questionnaire to answer. Your application won't be considered until the questionnaire has been submitted.
We only hire Fellows during certain periods of the year, therefore, there can be a long delay between sending your résumé and hearing back regarding an interview. Our timelines loosely coincide with graduation dates, since being a recent graduate is one of the requirements.
What is the duration of the IS Fellowship Program?
The program is a 6-9 month long rotation.
Is the Fellowship Program a paid opportunity?
Yes. The Fellowship Program is a paid, full-time contract employment position.
Does the Fellowship Program guarantee a job?
No, but the overall goal of the Fellowship Program is to find a position in a role that best fits your interests and skills by rotating through the all the areas. The opportunity is definitely there.
Where will the Fellowship Program take place?
Webster, TX (Clear Lake Center) is where the majority of the program will take place. There will be opportunities throughout the rotation that may take place at the UTMB Galveston Campus, League City Campus, Angleton Campus, and/or Baybrook location.
Do I need to be a college graduate in order to participate?
Yes, the program is a full-time opportunity and the primary goal is to obtain a position when the program is over. Candidates must have graduated within the last two years with a degree in Information Technology, Business or Engineering at an accredited college or university.
Does this position offer employment sponsorship (e.g. H1-B)?
Due to the nature of the fellowship program, it does not lend itself to sponsoring candidates. Sponsorship for employment visa status is not available for this position.
How will I know if I'm being considered for the fellowship?
Once you have applied and submitted the questionnaire, we will contact you by email. Keep in mind that the fellowship only opens once or twice a year so there might be a delay from when you apply to when you hear from us.
- What is the duration of the IS Fellowship Program?