Faculty members of the Division of Cardiology at UTMB Health are strongly motivated to provide our patients with state-of-the-art and compassionate care, made possible by their years of experience, teaching, and research. Our strength is the specialization and collegiality–while each faculty member focuses on a very specialized area of cardiology, he/she collegially interacts with each other to provide our patients with best possible care-the best of both worlds.
We have four (6) major sections within our division:
- Women's Heart Health Service
- Community Outreach Service
- General Cardiology including Cardiac Imaging, Consultative and Inpatient Cardiology, Cardiac Rehabilitation, and Heart Station
- Heart Failure, Transplant, and Circulatory Assist Device Service
- Heart Rhythm Center (Electrophysiology Service)
- Interventional Cardiology Service including Peripheral Vascular Intervention