Physicians can refer to UTMB Health Eye Center knowing that their patients will get excellent care for any eye health issue.
What We treat
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Diabetic-related eye diseases
- Diseases of the retina
- Comprehensive ophthalmology
- Eye injuries
- Ocular oncology
- Oculoplastics and cosmetic procedures
- Refractive surgery/LASIK
- Highly trained eye specialists
- Leading-edge diagnostics and treatments
- Excellent customer service
- Convenient locations in Galveston, Friendswood, League City, and Texas City
- New facilities with free curbside parking
- Patient updates to referring physician
How quickly will my patient be seen?
In almost all situations patients will be given an appointment and seen in consultation within 48 hours of request. Emergency patients will be stabilized by our ophthalmology physicians on call with the assistance of our specialists 24 hours a day 7 days a week including all holidays.
What type of insurance does my patient need?
We accept many kinds of insurance plans including Medicare (with the exception of Medicare HMO's or Advantage plans). Medicaid, Blue Cross Blue Shield, et. al. Please refer to the UTMB Health Insurance and Billing website for more information on insurance plans accepted and billing information.
All managed care plans requiring authorization to a specialist must be coordinated through the primary care physician.
Will I receive patient updates?
Dependent upon condition, you will receive a follow-up call or letter on your patient's condition.