Rheumatology Clinical Experiences
- Continuity Clinic
- Fellows see patients with a variety of rheumatic diseases including rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, gout, scleroderma, spondyloarthritis, vasculitis, SjÃ¸gren's syndrome, polymyalgia rheumatica, and osteoarthritis
under the supervision of the faculty rheumatologists. Fellows maintain continuity with patients to learn long-term management of rheumatic disease.
- Clinics are held at both Mainland Medical Specialists in Texas City and University Hospital Clinics in Galveston. *Please check back for updates as we expand to additional sites.*
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice Rheumatology Clinic
- Fellows participate in the care of patients with rheumatic disease in the Texas prison system at the TDCJ Hospital, part of the UTMB medical complex.
- Clinical Electives
- Fellows are encouraged to participate in clinical electives during their second year of fellowship.Â Examples of electives include Dermatology, Neurology, Musculoskeletal Radiology, and Sports Medicine with support for other electives
in areas of interest to the fellow.
- Consultation Service
- Fellows provide consultation services to the inpatient services of John Sealy Hospital and the TDCJ Hospital at UTMB. In this setting, they care for patients with vasculitis, systemic lupus erythematosus, gout, and other rheumatic diseases
and act as leader of a team including medical students and internal medicine residents under the supervision of a faculty rheumatologist.