Director of Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship
Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran (1986-1993)
Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran (1993-1997)
- Labbafinejad Medical Center, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran (1999-2001)
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Tx (2018-2020)
Vitreo-retinal diseases and surgeries
Dr. Touka Banaee is a vitreoretinal specialist with the UTMB Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences. She serves patients at the UTMB Eye Centers in Victory Lakes and Galveston.
She has 20 years of experience in treating patients with vitreoretinal diseases and as an Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, she has also been engaged in teaching medical students, ophthalmology residents and
Dr. Banaee has also been actively conducting research to promote the care of patients with vitreoretinal diseases, has had multiple presentations in international conferences, and has published more than 55 international papers.
- Vitreoretinal surgery; new techniques, comparison of different techniques.
- Diabetic retinopathy and retino-vascular diseases; pathogenesis, clinical presentations, treatment, epidemiology.
- Retinal detachment; pathogenesis, prevention, treatment.
- Age related macular degeneration; pathogenesis, clinical presentations, imaging, treatment protocols.
- Vitreoretinal interface diseases; epidemiology, imaging, treatment.
- Image processing in the field of retina.