In the Event of an Emergency...
UTMB Alerts and UTMB Safe
A key component of UTMB’s emergency communications plan is a mass notification system branded as “UTMB Alerts.” UTMB officials will tailor emergency messages to the situation and can send notifications to all hands or to targeted groups. Individuals must keep their contact information up to date to receive these notifications. The most efficient method of communication is by text to a personal cell phone. Sign up and/or see instructions for updating your contact information and preferences.
Individuals are also encouraged to download "UTMB Safe," the official safety app of UTMB. Support by UTMB Police, the app features emergency contacts, crisis alerts, in-app tip reporting, location services features, and much more, all available via your mobile phone.
Information During a Disaster / Weather Emergencies
In the event of a disaster or emergency weather conditions, please refer to the following channels of communication for more information:
- Information is available via the web at http://www.utmb.edu/alert. Should the UTMB web server go down, a second server is in place as a backup and will be available via UTMB's normal URL: http://www.utmb.edu.
- Additionally, in rare circumstances a backup informational site may be activated at http://utmbinfo.com.
- Sign up for UTMB Alerts, the university's emergency notification system.
- Check your email and the university's official social media channels.
- Call the UTMB main operator at (409) 772-1011.
- Monitor local television and radio stations.