The Institutional Emergency Communications Plan contains sensitive information and is therefore only accessible by authorized personnel (Institutional Preparedness, Emergency Management team members, and ISS Executive Committee members). This is a living document that is updated
regularly as contact information changes for key internal and external people, departments, organizations, and agencies.
- How UTMB achieves each communication element of performance (in the Emergency Management section) of the Joint Commission standards.
- Contact information for key UTMB employees.
- Contact information for key emergency personnel and agencies in Brazoria, Galveston, and Harris Counties.
- Contact information for key regional, state, and federal entities.
- Communication technologies utilized by UTMB (primary and backup).
- Communication applications utilized by UTMB.
Each department has its own communication plan written in their Business Continuity Plan that is updated annually prior to the start of Hurricane Season (June 1).