June 1 brings the start of hurricane season and is a reminder to have emergency plans in place. Storms and other emergencies can happen at any time and can affect any part of the state where UTMB has operations. The April 25 meeting included general information of use in any emergency.
Everyone is encouraged to review this one-hour, concise overview of UTMB’s emergency response plan.
- How decisions are made in an emergency
- The outlook for the 2018 Atlantic hurricane season
- Your role and responsibilities as an employee or a student in an emergency
- Maintaining security in an emergency and how you can help
- The business continuity planning process for fulfilling our mission in an emergency
- How UTMB will communicate with you before, during and after an emergency
- Stop the Bleed demonstration
- Fire preparation and response