Application Deadline: Friday, March 15, 2023
PREP Student Eligibility
Scholars are eligible to apply if:
- Must be a US Citizen, Non-citizen national or Permanent resident at the time of appointment
- Scholar has completed a bachelor's degree (science, engineering) no more than 36 months prior to the PREP program start date. College students in their final year may apply as long as they have a bachelor’s degree at program initiation. Applicants
must have a desire to pursue a PhD in the biomedical sciences.
Areas of study that apply:
Biological Science (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry) OR
A Quantitative or Computational Science (e.g. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering)
- Must have a desire to pursue a PhD in the biomedical sciences.
A Completed application will include the following:
- A completed application in BioMedCAS
- 2 letters of recommendations
- A CV or Resume
- Transcript(s) from every undergraduate school attended
There is no application fee to apply for PREP.
Once you’ve completed your application, please contact the Assistant Dean for Recruitment, Dr. Tracy Toliver, at email@example.com for a waiver code to submit your completed application.
To submit your transcripts
- Log into BioMedCAS
- Click on the Academic History block.
- Click on the Colleges Attended menu item.
- Under each college attended is a button labeled "Download Transcript Request Form", or "Order WES Evaluation".
For more information: US and English-Canadian Transcripts -Liaison (liaisonedu.com)
Gracie Vargas, PhDPREP Director Professor
Department of Neuroscience, Cell Biology & Anatomy Biomedical Engineering and Imaging Sciences Group Tel: (409) 772-6514
Ms. Trea (tree-uh) SmithPREP Manager
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
Tel: (406) 772-5488