PLEASE NOTE: All positions for the 2023-2024 year have been filled.
PREP Student Eligibility
Scholars are eligible to apply if:
- Must be a US Citizen, Non-citizen national or Permanent resident at the time of appointment
- Scholar has completed a bachelor's degree (science, engineering) no more than 36 months prior to the PREP program start date. College
students in their final year may apply as long as they have a
bachelor’s degree at program initiation. Applicants must have a desire
to pursue a PhD in the biomedical sciences.
Areas of study that apply:
Biological Science (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry) OR
A Quantitative or Computational Science (e.g. Physics, Chemistry,
Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering)
- Must have a desire to pursue a PhD in the biomedical sciences.
- Must be belong to a racial or ethnic group underrepresented in the U.S. Biomedical sciences, is an individual with a disability, or from a socioeconomically disadvantaged background
defined by the NIH
A Completed application will include the following:
- A completed application in BioMedCAS
- 2 letters of recommendations
- A CV or Resume
- Transcript(s) from every undergraduate school attended
There is no application fee to apply for PREP.
Once you’ve completed your application, please contact the Assistant Dean for Recruitment, Dr. Tracy Toliver, at email@example.com for a waiver code to submit your completed application.
To submit your transcripts
- Log into BioMedCAS
- Click on the Academic History block.
- Click on the Colleges Attended menu item.
- Under each college attended is a button labeled "Download Transcript Request Form", or "Order WES Evaluation".
For more information: US and English-Canadian Transcripts -Liaison (liaisonedu.com)
Gracie Vargas, Ph.D.
Department of Neuroscience, Cell Biology & Anatomy
Biomedical Engineering and Imaging Sciences Group
Tel: (409) 772-6514
Ms. Trea (tree-uh) Smith
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
Tel: (406) 772-5488