Welcome to Galveston
Galveston is a small historic island that exhibits all the appeal of a small town but is just a 50 minute drive away from the fourth largest city in the U.S. As a popular tourist town, there is always something to do including
walking along the relaxing beaches, taking the family to Moody Gardens or enjoying an evening of food and entertainment at the Pleasure Pier. You'll also find plenty of night life including events at the beautiful Galveston Opera House, or live performances
nightly at the Strand. Annual festivals include Dickens on the Strand and the Lone Star Biker Rally.
From restful beaches to delicious hole-in-the-wall restaurants to famous Victorian architecture, the island is surrounded with great beauty and amazing history. You won't want to miss the tranquility of a Galveston sunset. We welcome you to visit this
exciting and wonderful town.
Galveston Island Attractions
- Moody Gardens: Aquarium Pyramid, Butterfly Pyramid, Discovery Zone, IMAX
- The Strand
- Specialty Stores
- Night Life: Yaga's, Tsunami's, The Lounge, The Drip
- Annual Festivals: Dickinson's on the Strand, Mardi Gras, Biker Rally, Epicurean Night
- Restaurants: The Spot, Salsa's
- Night Life: The Drip
- Schlitterbahn Water Park
- Bolivar Ferry
- Galveston Texas State Park
- Historical Attractions: Bishop's Palace, 1877 Tall Ship ELISSA, Moody Mansion House
- Cruise Lines: Carnival Cruises, Royal Caribbean
Visit www.galveston.com for more information.