Student Organization Funding
SGA offers registered student organizations up to $1000 a year to travel to conferences that are relevant to the organization and UTMB as a whole.
- Transportation for two people (flights or gas mileage)
- Flights will be reimbursed for no more than the minimum non-refundable coach fare
- Lodging for two people (one room for students of the same gender, two rooms for students of different genders)
- Non-commercial lodging is non-reimbursable (ex. AirBnb, Vrbo)
Funding Does Not Cover:
- Conference registration fees
- Food allowance
Expenses are designed to be paid as reimbursements. Original receipts must be submitted to the Office of Student Life no later than 21 days after traveling. Student organizations must present a short recap of the conference at an SGA meeting, as well as an open meeting to all UTMB students.
Travel Request for Funding Proposals (RFPs) must be presented at the Budget Committee meeting the month before the travel date. Read below for more information on submitting proposals and specific budget meeting dates.
SGA offers funding for registered student organizations to put on events called "TGITs." These events can be cultural, educational, or social. It is only required that all four schools be invited and food be provided for roughly 150 students.
Funding Does Not Cover:
- Prizes (gift cards, giveaways, etc)
Expenses are designed to be paid as reimbursements. Original receipts must be submitted to the Office of Student Life no later than 21 days after the event is held.
TGIT Request for Funding Proposals (RFPs) must be presented at the Budget Committee meeting the month before the event date. Before submitting a proposal for a TGIT, please reach out to Student Life to approve your tentative event date. Read below for more information on submitting proposals and specific budget meeting dates.
In order to apply for SGA funding, your organization must complete two steps:
- Submit a Request for Funding Proposal (RFP) to the SGA Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org) and SGA Advisor (email@example.com)
- Attend a budget meeting to present your proposal to the Budget Committee
Proposals must be presented to the Budget Committee at the meeting the month prior to the event/travel date. RFPs must be submitted by 12:00 PM the Thursday before the monthly budget meeting. For example: events/travel occurring in March must be presented at February's budget meeting, events/travel occurring in October must be presented at September's budget meeting, and so on. Specific proposal/meeting dates can be found below.
RFPs must include:
- Cover letter explaining the function in general terms
- Expected expenditures of the proposal with all expenses itemized
- Indication of what portion of the funding the student organization is providing
- Separate financial statement indicating the organization's total financial holdings
- Additional paperwork as described on the RFP
Proposal Deadlines & Budget Meetings
The Budget Committee meets once a month. Please see below for specific dates and deadlines.
Budget Meetings 1
Proposal Due: February 4 @ 12:00 p.m.
Budget Meeting: February 10 @ 12:00 p.m.
Proposal Due: March 4, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.
Budget Meeting: March 8, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.
Proposal Due: April 1, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.
Budget Meeting: April 5, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.