The Proposal Process
In order to apply for SGA funding, your organization must complete two steps:
- Submit a Request for Funding Proposal (RFP) to the SGA Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org) and SGA Advisor (email@example.com)
- Attend a budget meeting to present your proposal to the Budget Committee
Proposals must be presented to the Budget Committee at the meeting the month prior to the event/travel date. RFPs must be submitted by 12:00 PM the Thursday before the monthly budget meeting. For example: events/travel occurring in March must be presented at February's budget meeting, events/travel occurring in October must be presented at September's budget meeting, and so on. Specific proposal/meeting dates can be found below.
RFPs must include:
- Cover letter explaining the function in general terms
- Expected expenditures of the proposal with all expenses itemized
- Indication of what portion of the funding the student organization is providing
- Separate financial statement indicating the organization's total financial holdings
- Additional paperwork as described on the RFP
Proposal Deadlines & Budget Meetings
The Budget Committee meets once a month.
Please see below for specific dates and deadlines.
Budget Meetings 1
November 2021 Travel/Event
Proposal Due: September 30, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.
Budget Meeting: October 4, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.
December 2021 Travel/Event
Proposal Due: November 4, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.
Budget Meeting: November 8, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.
January 2022 Travel/Event
Proposal Due: December 6, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.
Budget Meeting: December 2, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.
February 2022 Travel/Event
Proposal Due: January 6, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m.
Budget Meeting: January 10, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m.
March 2022 Travel/Event
Proposal Due: February 3, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m.
Budget Meeting: February 7, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m.
April 2022 Travel/Event
Proposal Due: March 3, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m.
Budget Meeting: March 7, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m.