The Proposal Process
In order to apply for SGA funding, your organization must complete two steps:
- Submit a Request for Funding Proposal (RFP) to the SGA Treasurer (email@example.com) and SGA Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Attend a budget meeting to present your proposal to the Budget Committee
Proposals must be presented to the Budget Committee at the meeting the month prior to the event/travel date. RFPs must be submitted by 12:00 PM the Thursday before the monthly budget meeting. For example: events/travel occurring in March must be presented at February's budget meeting, events/travel occurring in October must be presented at September's budget meeting, and so on. Specific proposal/meeting dates can be found below.
(FOR TGIT FUNDING YOU ARE REQUIRED CONTACT ERIN (SGA ADVISOR) BEFORE PLANNING YOUR EVENT. FAILURE TO NOTIFY COULD CAUSE YOUR EVENT TO GET PUSHED BACK TO THE FOLLOWING MONTH.)
RFPs must include:
- Cover letter explaining the function in general terms
- Expected expenditures of the proposal with all expenses itemized
- Indication of what portion of the funding the student organization is providing (if any)
- Separate financial statement indicating the organization's total financial holdings
- Additional paperwork as described on the RFP
Proposal Deadlines & Budget Meetings
The Budget Committee meets once a month.
Please see below for specific dates and deadlines.
Budget Meetings 1
November 2022 Travel/Event
Proposal Due: September 29, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m.
Budget Meeting: October 3, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m.
December 2022 Travel/Event
Proposal Due: November 3, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m.
Budget Meeting: November 7, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m.
January 2023 Travel/Event
Proposal Due: December 1, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m.
Budget Meeting: December 5, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m.
February 2023 Travel/Event
Proposal Due: January 5, 2023 @ 12:00 p.m.
Budget Meeting: January 9, 2023 @ 12:00 p.m.
March 2023 Travel/Event
Proposal Due: February 2, 2023 @ 12:00 p.m.
Budget Meeting: February 6, 2023 @ 12:00 p.m.
April 2023 Travel/Event
Proposal Due: March 2, 2023 @ 12:00 p.m.
Budget Meeting: March 6, 2023 @ 12:00 p.m.