Starting a New Student Organization
While we already have over 90 registered student organizations, we are always adding more. If you can't find just the organization you're looking for, learn how to start your own!
The Application Process
Starting a New Student Org
- What is the mission and purpose of the organization?
- What activities and community projects would you participate in?
- How would your organization differ from any other currently registered organizations?
- How will your organization sustain over time?
You will need to have a few things prepared before you start your proposal. Here is a summary:
- At Least Two Qualified Officers
- Interested Members (There is no minimum, but we recommend 7-10 in order to sustain interest over time.)
- UTMB Faculty Advisor
- Mission Statement
- Constitution (Check out our editable sample using the button below.)
Our proposal form uses your UTMB credentials, so you can save the form at any time a return to it at a later date, if needed. Use the button below to access the form. You can access in-progress forms by using the UTMB Webforms Login-In button. Please note: You may see a message stating "Access denied. Authentication required." Kindly ignore the message and log in anyway; it is a system error and is expected to be updated.
After you submit your proposal, Student Life will review it and invite you in for a meeting. We really just want to ask you a few additional questions about your organization to see if it will be a good fit at UTMB. We can also help offer feedback and advice so that your organization will be an ultimate success.
After considering your proposal, Student Life will notify you via email of the approval or denial of your organization. We will generally get back to you within a week of your review session.
Submitting a Proposal
Ready to submit your proposal? Proposals for new student organizations can submitted during the following times:
Summer/Fall: June 1 - September 20
Spring: January 2 - February 15
You can access our online proposal form with the button below. You will log into the form using your UTMB credentials. You can save the form at any time and return to it at a later date, if needed.
NEW STUDENT ORGANIZATION
(EDIT IN-PROGRESS PROPOSALS)
New Student Organization Approval
Student Life will work with you to ensure that all components of the registration forms are complete and on file, including your constitution. Next Step: Risk Management Training!
If you apply during the summer/fall registration period, risk management trainings are held in July and August.
If you apply during the spring registration period, Student Life will work with you to schedule a training individually.
What exactly is the Risk Management Training?
- Legally-required annual training
- Reviews UT System Board of Regents' student organization rules and regulations
- Covers UTMB student organization policies and procedures
- Shares tips on how best to run your organization
- Required attendance by at least 2 authorized officers