October 13, 2022 Deadline
More importantly, participating students will gain access to the LaunchPad program on their campus, to get the support on their entrepreneurship journey and skill-building. This signature program supports LaunchPad’
s goal in de-risking entrepreneurship, broadening accessibility, and diversifying engagement with a focus on recruiting underrepresented and under-resourced students to participate. The competition is virtual
, hosted on the StartupTree
🚝CHOOSE YOUR TRACK
Participants will need to select 1 of the following 5 tracks. The local track for Texas Southern University, University of Houston Clear Lake and Texas A&M Galveston students ONLY! The Local track is based off selecting an idea from 1 of the
top 4 categories.
- Social and Climate Impact
- Health & Life Science
- Consumer Products & Services
- Local (only open to students of TSU, UHCL and TAMUG)
The 5 winners of the [UTMB Round] will take home $1,000. Furthermore, four (4) finalists from each campus (in the Social & Climate Impact, Health & Life Science, Consumer Products & Services and General tracks) will
move forward to the [Network Round] competing for $10,000 in additional prize money to further develop your idea.
👤ELIGIBILITY - The applicant must...
- be a current student (undergraduate or graduate-level)
- be a founder/co-founder (i.e., the person with the original idea)
- be in the earliest stages - have an idea or have just started building on an idea
- create a profile on Startup Tree and apply as an individual or in teams of 2
📆IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER – Competition is OPEN NOW!
- September 1, 2022: Application for Campus Round Open
- October 13, 2022: Deadline for Campus Round
- All applications must be submitted by October 13, 2022, 5:00PM via StartUp Tree.
- October 14 - October 25, 2022: Campus Round Deliberation Period
- Applicants will be evaluated and scored
- November 1st - November 16th: Winner from each track across each school invited to finalist network round
- If you are selected as Finalist, you will be invited to the Network Round
- November 16th: Deadline for Network Round Finalist Participation
- More information and link to apply will be shared with Finalists
- December 6th: Network Round winners announced
To apply go to http://utmb.startuptree.co/event/s/2v6mwTkWbszQi6AL5UhA2A/2022-Blackstone-LaunchPad-by-StartupTree-Ideas-Competition
Reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
UTMB Innovation Team
email@example.com or https://www.utmb.edu/innovations