The UTMB John Sealy School of Medicine, Office of Admissions and Recruitment will host a Premedical Conference on Saturday, November 11, 2023, from 9:30 am-5:00 pm CST (Check-in will begin at 8:30 am.). Please
join us as we share valuable resources and admissions advice for prospective medical and physician assistant applicants as you develop the necessary skills to be successful in the admissions process.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Receive guidance on how to prepare for medical school.
- Receive tips on writing personal essays and interviewing skills.
- Explore our Physician Assistant Studies program and how to become a competitive applicant for the program.
- Learn more about the Joint Admission Medical Program (JAMP)
- Ask questions about life as a medical and physician assistant student at JSSOM.
- Reflect on what kind of healer you want to become.
- Discuss the journey to medicine as a minority and as a first-generation medical student.
ALL PreMed, PrePA, PostBacc, Undergrad, and High School Students, Faculty, Teachers, Advisors, and Parents who want to learn more about John Sealy SOM /p>
What we hope you discover:
- The warm and collaborative culture of JSSOM
- Beneficial information and resources that will prepare you for a career in medicine
When will this take place?
Saturday, November 11, 2023, from 9:30 am-5:00 pm CST (Check-in will begin at 8:30 am)
Where can we meet?
The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston Campus
Health Education Center (HEC)
For questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com.