Upon completion of the program, students are awarded a master's degree, Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS), and may sit for the national certifying examination to achieve licensure and certification. The UTMB Physician Assistant Studies (PAS)
program strives to:
- Maintain an applicant pool
consisting of at least 20% applicants from one or more of the following:
Underrepresented Groups in Medicine (UIM) as defined by the AAMC, first
generation college, military service, native language other than
English, economically disadvantaged household, and/or from a medically
under-served area/health professional shortage area.
Class of 2024
Class of 2025
Underrepresented Groups in Medicine
Gender – Male
First Generation College
Native Language other than English
Economically Disadvantaged Household
Medically Underserved Area / Health Professional Shortage Area
- Maintain a 95% or better 3-year average graduation rate for students entering the UTMB PA program. *As of 2023 the 3-year average graduation rate for the UTMB PA program is 99%.
- Maintain at least 50% of clinical rotation sites in low income zip codes (as defined by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services).
*As of 2023 over 57% of clinical rotations were in low income zip codes.
- Maintain a five-year first time PANCE pass rate above the national average.
* The 5-year national mean first time taker average pass rate is 92%.
* The 5-year mean first time taker average pass rate for the UTMB PA Program is 94%.
The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to the University of Texas Medical Branch-Galveston Physician Assistant Program sponsored
by the University of Texas Medical Branch-Galveston Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards.
Accreditation remains in effect until the program closes or withdraws from the accreditation process or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards. The approximate date for the next validation review of the program by the
ARC-PA will be June 2027. The review date is contingent upon continued compliance with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy. The program’s accreditation history can be viewed on the ARC-PA website at (Accreditation History - UTMB).
Click on the link below to download a copy of our most recent reports:
UTMB NCCPA Pass Rate (PDF)
UTMB PA Program Attrition (PDF)
For verification, you may contact the Commission at the following address:
Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant Phone:
12000 Findley Road, Suite 275
Johns Creek, Georgia, 30097
(770) 476-1224Website: http://www.arc-pa.org/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org