John Sealy SOM Office of Admissions & Recruitment
I got in, now what?
Congratulations on your acceptance to the John Sealy School of Medicine, Class of 2027!
We know that it has taken a lot of hard work and dedication to get to this point and for that, we applaud your accomplishment. We in the JSSOM Office of Student Affairs & Admissions, along with the John Sealy School of Medicine faculty, are committed
to working with you to ensure that you succeed in your academic and professional goals. Please know that our doors are always open to you.
You should have received a formal letter of acceptance via the AMP portal. Please carefully read through this letter and complete all of the requirements for matriculation described.
To ensure you matriculation, please use the checklist on this page to complete all requirements by the specified dates, and before you arrive for New Student Orientation.
I look forward to meeting you personally and extending a warm UTMB and John Sealy School of Medicine welcome.
Dr. Pierre W. Banks
Assistant Dean, Admissions & Recruitment
JSSOM Office of Student Affairs & Admissions
1. Go to the AMP portal and accept the position.
2. Please note that you will be required to submit all transcripts directly to the Enrollment Services office. More information regarding transcript requests will be forthcoming from the Enrollment Services office.
3. Fill out the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Forms — and send as a .pdf to email@example.com
Please review sample TDCJ Form to ensure you are completing the form correctly.
4. Complete the Field House Release Form (PDF)
and mail to the UTMB Alumni Field House address listed on the bottom of the form
5. All entering students must complete a security background check and drug screen. Within 60 days of your start term, students will receive a CastleBranch eVite at their UTMB student email.
6. Review Tuition and Fee Payment Information
7. Review Housing Options
8. All students that will need parking on campus will need to fill out the following form: Online Student Curbside Parking.
You will have time during orientation to complete this process and/or switch to garage parking if needed.
9. Review JSSOM Student Computer Requirements
10. All entering students are required
to submit proof of immunizations. You can upload supporting documentation using the Immunization Information Tile in mySTAR. Please click here for a list of all Immunization Requirements.
11. All entering students must complete an online orientation in addition to
the in-person orientation activities. You can access the online
orientation at utmb.goorientation.com using your UTMB credentials. This
step must be completed prior to in-person orientation.
12. Click here for Orientation dates and FAQs.