Welcome to the School of Medicine’s alumni website. I hope you’ll
find the site to be an invaluable tool in helping you stay connected to — or get reacquainted with — the school and your classmates.
As UTMB alumni, we share a special bond. And it's important that we maintain that bond by continuing our involvement in the life of the university, and supporting the medical students following in our footsteps.
Membership in the Alumni Association is an easy and effective way to ensure our association remains strong. By joining, you and your fellow members support programs vital to students and alumni alike.
Some examples include:
- Establishing a legacy through endowing a Presidential Scholarship for students with financial need
- Providing students with their first White Coat and Honor Council pin
- Purchasing Student Resources to help in preparation for STEP 1 & 2 exams
- Supporting Student Celebrations such as Match Day
- Providing Students with networking opportunities… to name a few
Communication is vital to ensure a robust relationship between alumni and their alma mater. I encourage you to log into the alumni website at https://alumni.utmb.edu to ensure your contact information is updated. This is where you can remain current with
School of Medicine activities, press releases, alumni news and other valuable information. Like us on Facebook by clicking here: https://www.facebook.com/utmbAlumni
Please join me to ensure the future of the School of Medicine and UTMB remains strong through your membership.
Hugh N. West, III, MD, MBA
Class of ‘71
President, School of Medicine Alumni Association
& Board of Trustees