Call for Nominations
Internal Deadline: September 16, 2022
The Hedwig van Ameringen Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine (ELAM) Program for Women will open its call for applications on October 1, 2022. ELAM is a unique yearlong part-time leadership development program
designed to increase the numbers of women faculty in senior leadership positions, as executives and change agents in schools of medicine, dentistry, public health, and pharmacy.
The program seeks candidates who have:
- Rank of at least associate professor in an academic institution for at least two (2) years
- Administrative experience in personnel and budget management
- A clear trajectory for administrative advancement
Applicants must be able to attend all three (3) educational sessions (6-7 days each):
September 9-15, 2023, January 20-25, 2024, April 13-18, 2024, in Philadelphia, PA.
To submit your application for consideration, please send the following information by 5 p.m., September 16, 2022, to Kirk Nealy, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Candidate’s statement of what you intend to derive as a benefit from the program
- Current CV
- Letter of support from your chair/direct supervisor
- Letter from senior colleague (preferably outside your home department)
Financial support for the program fee and travel expenses for one (1) fellow will be provided by the Office of Faculty Affairs and Professional Development.
ELAM Program details.