I got in, now what?
Congratulations on your acceptance to the School of Medicine, Class of 2025!
We know that it has taken a lot of hard work and dedication to get to this point and for that, we applaud your accomplishment. We in the Office of Student Affairs and Admissions, along with the School of Medicine faculty, are committed to working with you to ensure that you succeed in your academic and professional goals. Please know that our doors are always open to you.
You should have received a formal letter of acceptance by mail. Please carefully read through this letter and complete all of the requirements for matriculation described.
To ensure you matriculation, please use the checklist on this page to complete all requirements by the specified dates, and before you arrive for New Student Orientation.
I look forward to meeting you personally and extending a warm UTMB and School of Medicine welcome.
Dr. Pierre W. Banks
Senior Director of Admissions and Recruitment
Office of Student Affairs and Admissions
1. Go to the AMP portal and accept the position.
2. Please note that you will be required to submit all transcripts directly to the Enrollment Services office. More information regarding transcript requests will be forthcoming from the Enrollment Services office.
3. Fill out and return the items listed below as instructed:
Texas Department of Criminal Justice Forms (PDF) — Send as .pdf to email@example.com or fax to (409) 772-5148, ATTN: SOM Admissions
White Coat Ceremony Order Form — More information to come.
Field House Release Form (PDF)
4. All entering students must undergo a security background check and drug screen. Within 30-60 days of the beginning of your start term, students will receive a CastleBranch eVite at their UTMB student email providing the link to CastleBranch,
the company responsible for background/drug for UTMB students.
5. Tuition and Fee Payment Information
6. Housing Information and Rates for on campus.
Other options in the Galveston area: UTMB Living and Galveston Apartment Locator.
7. Student Parking
8. All entering students must submit required proof of immunizations. (Click to download list of Immunization Requirements.) You can complete your immunization information and upload supporting documents using the Immunization Information tile on your home page in mySTAR (Click for instructions for the UTMB Immunization System.)
9. Please read the following regarding Students with Disabilities (Word). You will be required to sign online that you have read and understand this policy.
10. Click here for the incoming class orientation dates.