The Office of Educational Development offers a variety of opportunities for faculty development to faculty and administrators in the School of Medicine and at UTMB. Please see the Faculty Development drop down menu on the left hand side of this page for
individual pages with information and descriptions of our programs.
Following is an overview of some of our opportunities:
- Teaching Skills – These sessions are also offered monthly. These sessions have not been scheduled for the rest of the year, so please look for upcoming sessions in the UTMB announcements, or the email from our
- Scholars in Education - The Scholars in Education faculty development program is a 20-month interdisciplinary faculty development program. Applications for the program are accepted every other year. Our 2021-2023 cohort will begin in September 2021.
- Problem-Based Learning and Small Group workshops – These sessions are offered throughout the year and will be announced through email and UTMB announcements.
- Educational Research – Our office offers opportunities for scholars to present their burgeoning academic work to other faculty and administrators in order to receive feedback, guidance, and mentorship on their educational research projects. These sessions are
scheduled on an as needed basis.
- Other Faculty Development opportunities – The OED also provides other faculty development opportunitiessuch as Resident as Teacher workshops, Tech Time, Ted Masterclass, and individual consultations for specific needs.