Benefits of the Records Center
The UTMB Records Center provides departments with cost effective storage of inactive records in paper, electronic, and microfilm formats. The following are a few of the benefits of storing your records at the University Records Center.
- Secure facility ensures records remain confidential.
- Climate controlled facility to slow deterioration of documents.
- Access to your records from 8am - 5pm.
- Ensures continuity in the event of a localized disaster.
- The department retains ownership of the records.
- Ensure confidentiality by designating limited access to certain records.
- Frees up valuable office space for other uses.
- Helps keep your records organized and in one location.
- Frees department staff to do other more pressing tasks.
- Significant savings and cost-avoidance.
- A unique bar code label is assigned to each box to assist in fast retrieval.
- Box delivered to your office within 24-48 hours if box request is received by 10am.
- Eligible records are destroyed per department approval on a monthly basis.