Our Leadership Community of Practice is a program that allows UTMB investigators and trainees to come together and strengthen their leadership skills through interactive dialogues and seminars.
The program incorporates an interactive “Leadership Challenge” model and from the work of Kouzes and Posner (2012), 5 Leader Practices & 10 Leader Commitments.
Model the Way
- Clarify values by finding your voice and affirming shared values.
- Set the example by aligning actions with shared values.
Inspire a Shared Vision
- Envision the future by imagining exciting and ennobling possibilities.
- Enlist others in a common vision by appealing to shared aspirations.
Challenge the Process
- Search for opportunities by seizing the initiative and looking outward for innovative ways to improve.
- Experiment and take risks by constantly generating small sins and learning from experience.
Enable Others to Act
- Foster collaboration by building trust and facilitating relationships.
- Strengthen others by increasing self-determination and developing competence.
Encourage the Heart
- Recognize contributions by showing appreciation for individual excellence.
- Celebrate the values and victories by creating a spirit of community.