1. Cheng Huang
, Olga A Kolokoltsova, Nadezhda E Yun, Alexey V Seregin, Shannon Ronca, Takaaki Koma, Slobodan Paessler (2015) Highly Pathogenic New World and Old World Human Arenaviruses Induce Distinct Interferon Responses in Human Cells. J. Virology. 89:7079-7088
2. Cheng Huang, Aida G Walker, Ashley M Grant, Olga A Kolokoltsova, Nadezhda E Yun, Alexey V Seregin, Slobodan Paessler (2014) Potent Inhibition of Junin Virus Infection by Interferon in Murine Cells. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases 8(6):e2933.
3. Jennifer L Hyde, Christina L Gardner, Taishi Kimura, James P White, Gai Liu, Derek W Trobaugh, Cheng Huang, Marco Tonelli, Slobodan Paessler, Kiyoshi Takeda, William B Klimstra, Gaya K Amarasinghe, Michael S Diamond (2014) A Viral RNA Structural Element Alters Host Recognition of Nonself RNA. Science 343: 783-787.
4. Cheng Huang, Olga Kolokoltsova, Nadezhda Yun, Alexey Seregin, Allison Poussard, Aida G. Walker, Allan R. Brasier, Yingxin Zhao, Bing Tian, Juan Carlos de la Torre, Slobodan Paessler (2012) Junin Virus Infection Activates the Type I Interferon Pathway in a RIG-I-Dependent Manner. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 6(5): e1659.
5. Cheng Huang, Kumari G. Lokugamage, Janet M. Rozovics, Krishna Narayanan, Bert L. Semler and Shinji Makino (2011) SARS coronavirus nsp1 protein induces template-dependent endonucleolytic cleavage of mRNAs: virus-specific mRNAs are resistant to nsp1-induced RNA cleavage. PLoS Pathog 7(12): e1002433 This work has been recommended by the Faculty of 1000 as the top 2% of published articles in biology and medicine in F1000 library. http://f1000.com/prime/13411073 .
6. Cheng Huang, Kumari G. Lokugamage, Janet M. Rozovics, Krishna Narayanan, Bert L. Semler and Shinji Makino. (2011) Alphacoronavirus transmissible gastroenteritis virus nsp1 protein suppresses protein translation in expressed cells and in cell-free HeLa extract, but not in rabbit reticulocyte lysate. J. Virology. 85: 638-643
7. Wataru Kamitani*, Cheng Huang*, Krishna Narayanan, Kumari G Lokugamage and Shinji Makino. (2009) A two-pronged strategy to suppress host protein synthesis by SARS coronavirus Nsp1 protein. Nature Structural & Molecular Biology, 16:1134-1140 * Authors contributed equally to this study.
8. Krishina Narayanan*, Cheng Huang*, Kumari Lukogamage*, Wataru Kamitani, Tetsuro Ikegami, Chien-Te K. Tseng, and Shinji Makino. (2008) Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus nsp1 suppresses host gene expression, including that of type I Interferon in infected cells. J. Virology. 82: 4471-4479** *Authors contributed equally to this study. ** This study is selected as articles of significant interest selected from this issue by editor.
9. Cheng Huang, C. J. Peters and Shinji Makino. (2007) Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus accessory protein 6 is a virion-associated protein and is released from 6 protein-expressing cells. J. Virology. 81:5423-5426
10. Cheng Huang, Naoto Ito, Chien-Te K. Tseng and Shinji. Makino. (2006) Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 7a accessory protein is a viral structural protein. J. Virology. 80:7287-7294.
11. Cheng Huang , Krishna Narayanan, Naoto Ito, C. J. Peters and Shinji Makino. (2006) SARS Coronavirus 3a Protein Is Released in Membrane Vesicles from 3a Protein-Expressing Cells and Infected Cells. J. Virology. 80:210-217
12. Cheng Huang, Katsuhiro Kiyotani, Yutaka Fujii, Noriko Fukuhara, Atsushi Kato, Yoshiyuki Nagayi, Tetsuya Yoshida and Takemasa Sakaguchi (2000) Involvement of the Zinc-Binding Capacity of Sendai Virus V Protein in Viral Pathogenesis. J. Virology 74:7834-7841