Developmental and Behavioral Health
Director: Richard Rupp MD
Our board-certified behavioral-developmental pediatrician, physician assistant, and nurse practitioner provide behavioral evaluation and treatment for children and adolescents and their
families through our Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics clinics.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- The ADHD Tune-up for the ADHD patient who has been diagnosed and is under treatment, but not doing as well as expected. We will optimize therapy in already diagnosed patients and review in detail the risk or presence of un-diagnosed co-morbid conditions.
- The Diagnosis and Treatment of:
- ADHD and related symptoms, such as anxiety, depression, learning problems, and habit problems
- Autistic Spectrum disorder
- Irritability and aggression
- Language Delay
- Performance anxiety
- Unexplained abdominal pain
Treatment consists of a balanced approach, including medicines, behavioral advice, parenting strategies and school recommendations. Special techniques such as biofeedback, hypnosis and relaxation training are recommended in selected cases.
New patients with bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia or suicidal depression will be seen by Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Please visit https://www.utmbhealth.com/services/psychiatry/services for additional information.