Travel Medicine Clinic for
Adults and Children
- The Pediatric Specialty Clinics at UTMB offer Travel Medicine consultations for children and adults
- Areas of high risk travel include all countries in the tropics
and other underdeveloped countries, and rapidly developing countries
such as China, Brazil, India and Mexico
- High risk activities, including mountain climbing, diving and trekking
- 4-6 weeks before your trip
What services are offered?
- Extensive counseling on health precautions during foreign travel
- Country-specific written brochures
- Administration of appropriate preventive vaccines
- Pharmacy prescriptions for prevention and treatment of travel-related diseases
- Hepatitis A and B, typhoid, tetanus, Yellow Fever, Japanese encephalitis, rabies, and more..
How much does it cost?
- Charges include the costs to consult with the infectious disease specialist and to receive vaccines
- All charges require immediate payment by cash, credit card or check
- An estimate will be given about the costs when the appointment is scheduled
How do you make an appointment?
- Please call 409-772-2798 to refer patients and schedule
appointments. Patients can call to discuss the travel itinerary and to
obtain cost estimates
- Appointments at least 4 weeks prior to travel are recommended, however, patients can be accommodated at later dates as well
When and where is the clinic?
It is never too late to make an appointment - Can be seen at other times on special circumstances depending on the availability of clinic physician
Island Pediatric Specialties, Primary Care Pavilion, 400 Harborside Drive, Suite 103, Galveston.
Wednesday 1-4:30 PM.
Academic Pediatrics, League City (Bay Colony), 2785 Gulf Fwy (I-45). South, Suite 2.200, 2nd Floor in League City.
Friday 9:00-11:30 AM