Children's Health Service Gastroenterology
Director: Andrea M. Glaser MD
The specialty of Pediatric Gastroenterology helps children with disorders of the digestive system
including recurrent abdominal pain, reflux, feeding disorders, liver
disease, constipation, and vomiting.
- We care for your child and can perform many procedures,usually with the help of anesthesia, including endoscopy, esophageal pH-impedance probe testing, colonoscopy, breath hydrogen analysis, percutaneous gastrostomy placement, polyp removal and foreign body removal.
- We provide inpatient consults for children admitted to the John Sealy Children’s Hospital.
- We work closely with other hospital and clinic staff including nutrition, social work, counselors, as well as endoscopy staff to provide well rounded, patient centered care for your child.
- We are actively involved in resident and medical student education regarding the digestive system of children from birth through adolescence.
- In partnership with the specialty of Pediatric Surgery we offer Tough and Tiny, a Children’s weight Loss clinic. Children from 3-11 years of age with a Body Mass Index (BMI) greater than the 95th percentile take part in structured fitness activities. The program also provides nutrition education to parents, guardians and caregivers. All eligible participants must receive a referral from a UTMB provider.
FOR APPOINTMENTS, REFILLS OR QUESTIONS - CALL 888-886-2543