Children's Health Service Complex Care
Pediatric Complex Care clinic provides services for children and youth
with medical complexity (CYMC) with developmental, feeding and
nutritional, educational, equipment/supplies and care coordination
In an effort to keep our patients and their families safe and healthy, the Pediatric Complex Care Clinic has transitioned most of our appointments to telehealth visits for patients needing to be seen. We will be making every attempt to schedule a video
appointment. You and your child will still have evaluations by our team, but it will be over a few phone calls and/or videos. Each of these meetings will last about 30 minutes.
Every appointment is being reviewed individually, and we may be reaching out to reschedule some appointments for a later date. All appointments must be rescheduled by our Pediatric Complex Care offices.
- Please read through the instructions below at least 2 days before your appointment.
- Call us at 409-772-2331 if you have any questions, and we will be happy to assist you.
- Please check this site daily for updates and changes to UTMB and our clinic.
Your TeleHealth Appointment
Setting Up Zoom before your visit:
- When you receive the meeting emails, please click on the link
for the first meeting in your email.
- Go through the instructions your phone or device gives to download the Zoom app.
You can watch a video of this here:
- Try out the Zoom meeting before your appointment by clicking on
the link below to join a test meeting here: https://zoom.us/test
- At your child’s appointment time, join the first Zoom meeting from either the email link or in the phone app. Your first meeting will be
with your child’s physician or nurse practitioner.
- Finally, you will receive a phone call from our Complex Care offices
to schedule your next appointment.
- Check your child’s MyChart account for the AVS, and your standard
mail for additional handouts.
Our Service Mission is:
- To partner with primary care providers to deliver the highest standard of diagnostic and treatment options for CYMC while keeping these children in their local community. Please note – we will not replace your child’s primary care provider
- To facilitate continuity of care across inpatient, outpatient, and community settings for CYMC
- To reduce complications of chronic medical conditions using all available resources and
- To educate and advocate for families and caregivers of CYMC
We are a multi-disciplinary team specializing in the needs of CYMC, helping children and their families since 1992.
- Medical Evaluation Services
- Christine Murphy, MD, FAAP, Pediatrician
- Sally Robinson, MD, FAAP, Pediatrician
- Suzanne LaForte, MD, FAAP, Pediatrician
- Elizabeth Rodriguez Lien, MD, FAAP, Pediatrician
- Maria San Andres, MD, FAAP, Pediatrician
- Therapy Services – including Developmental, Feeding, and Equipment evaluations
- Physical Therapists
- Amy Osburn-Torres, PT
- Margarita Mallari-Brumlow, PT
- Occupational Therapists
- Pamela Christensen, OT
- Sherrill Gonzalez, OT
- Speech Therapists
- Lori Jarrett-Arguello, SLP
- Alejandra Avila-Fernandez, SLP
- Nutrition Services (Dietician)
- Whitney Canfield, MS, RDN, LD, CSP
- Educational Support Coordinator
- Social Work
- Tia Jaynes, LMSW - Pediatric Primary and Specialty Care Clinic, League City (Bay Colony)
- Pam Massey, LMSW - Pediatric Primary and Specialty Care Clinic, Galveston Island East
- Nursing Staff
- Administrative Support
- Amanda Honeywell-Gentry
- Elizabeth Cano
You will need a referral from your primary or specialty care provider to schedule with our clinic.
FOR QUESTIONS or to schedule an appointment, Please CALL 409-772-2331