General Academic/Primary Care Pediatrics
Division Director: Patricia S. Beach MD
- Development of clinical skills in pediatrics for medical students and residents
- Work with the Galveston County Advocacy Center to
coordinate the assessment and care of child victims of
- Provide regional leadership through the Forensic
Assessment Center Network to consult with and develop expertise
among area medical and law enforcement personnel regarding
victims of child maltreatment
- Staff various primary care Pediatric Clinics in Galveston County
- Provide limited medical services on Newborn Nursery at UTMB
- Support various clinical research projects which occur
in the outpatient pediatric clinics, including vaccine trials
and research on common pediatric condition.
- We also provide services to newly-placed foster children designed to address their particular physical, social and emotional needs as they transition in to new settings.