The Department of Physician Assistant Studies welcomes and congratulates you on your admission to The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston.
New Student Orientation (NSO) is a program aimed at providing you with an introduction to life on campus, in the classroom, and at UTMB. All new students are required to participate in NSO
New Student Orientation is designed to help answer questions you may have, and provide you with information about campus resources, programs and services. You will also get the opportunity to build a network of resources that can help you start your UTMB journey on the right path.
What to expect at orientation
- Information about the University and the school will be provided.
- Key University and school officers will be introduced.
- Information about various UTMB services will be provided. Representatives of the areas will be introduced, and they will provide information about the services offered.
- Representatives from the Student Health Service will discuss available health services and the health requirements that must be completed prior to registration.
- Students will have the opportunity to meet other new students, as well as faculty and staff in their areas of study.